– Blackberries – Blackberry is packed with catechin and epicatechin. These two compounds neutralize free radicals that damage cell’s genetic material and provoke cancer. Catechins help to lower cholesterol levels which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease. The quercetin in blackberries attacks production of free radicals and help in preventing bad cholesterol from causing damage to blood vessels. Another benefit of quercetin is that it halts the production of substance called histamine that makes allergy sufferers sneeze and wheeze. Fibers in blackberries prevent constipation and colon cancer. Blackberries if refrigerated immediately will have shelf (fridge) life of two or three days before starting to spoil.
– Blueberries – The compounds in blueberries protect you again cancer, heart disease, urinary tract infections and even wrinkles. Blueberries help reverse short term memory loss. Quick fixes for stomachache – reach out for few tablespoons of dried blueberries and get rid of the tummy ache. Avoid fresh or frozen berries to aggravate the tummy trouble. Tannins in blueberries kick out those bacteria’s responsible for urinary tract infections. Tannins prevent the germs from attaching to your bladder.
– Bok Choy – Popular known as Chinese celery , Bok Choy is about the same size as the normal celery stalks with start white ribs and deep green flat, ruffled leaves. Loaded with calcium, manganese and iron, it is good for bones and blood. Vitamin C in Bok Choy will help heal your wounds from paper cuts and hang nails to surgical incisions. Packed with potassium, Bok Choy helps to lower blood pressure. Simply speaking, Bok Choy battles cancer and high blood pressure and bolsters bones and wound healing.
– Broccoli – Broccoli is a fighter against cancer and other major health problems. Broccoli comprises of vitamin A, C, K, fiber and compounds like Lutein and sulforaphane. It prevents prostate problems, cancer of the bladder and colon cancer. Broccoli also tackles health problems like heart disease, hip fracture and cataracts.
– Brown Rice – Brown rice lowers the risk of developing heart disease. It prevents the danger of diabetes. Recent studies show eating two servings of whole grain daily reduces the risk of dying from heart attack by 30%.
– Brussels Sprouts – They offer plenty of protection against big time diseases like cancer, birth defects, osteoporosis and heart trouble. Brussels sprouts protect your DNA from cancer causing substances. Cancer fighting enzymes prevent colon cancer. More than men, women are hounded with osteoporosis. Brussels sprouts supplies vitamin K that protect against osteoporosis.